Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day

Everyone takes things for granted and I know I am guilty of this too.  I truly try to be grateful for everything that I have. I know that I am SO fortunate to have a wonderful husband and beautiful son as well as a sweet family. I am very blessed and I know that while there may be things that I want, I don’t need anything. I have my family, food and shelter, which is much more than so many in the world.

Knowing that I have so much and want for so little makes me feel guilty sometimes.

Tomorrow is Mother’s Day. It’s my first official Mother’s Day as a new mom, but it’s bittersweet. I am thrilled to be able to celebrate with my husband and baby boy, but I never thought I wouldn’t be able to celebrate my first Mother’s Day without my mom.

My mom passed away in January 2008, a year and a half before David was born. She didn’t get to celebrate with us when we found out that I was pregnant. She didn’t get to see the ultrasounds or hear his heartbeat. She didn’t get to visit us in the hospital right after he was born. She never got the chance to hold him, see him smile, roll over or crawl. She didn’t get to hear him laugh or cry. And he will never get to meet her here on earth. I can’t call her up and ask for advice or just to talk. We can’t go on road trips together and laugh so hard we pee or even get into arguments over silly little things that really don’t matter. I can’t tell her “I love you and I’ll see you soon.”

Sorry for rambling, but I just want to remind everyone to be thankful for your mom. Remind her tomorrow that you love her and how special she is to you. Thank her for everything she has done for you and loving you always.

5 comments:

Becca said...

I think of you often when I call my mom to chat or ask her opinion. And I especially thought of you moving so soon after David was born while my mom was staying with us. I don't want to sound trite, but I'm sure your mother would be thrilled to see you being such a wonderful mom to David. :)

VKT said...

What a heartfelt post. I have no doubt that your Mom is looking down on you from heaven and smiling at what a wonderful Mom you are. Blessings

Heavenly Savings said...

Cute Blog!!! I’m a new follower! Feel free to check out my blog as well! http://heavenlysavings.blogspot.com
Happy TTA! Hope to Blog with you again soon!

Amy said...

I found you on Follow Me Back Tuesdays.
http://faithfulfinances.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I am your newest follower from Follow Me Back Tuesday. I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom. I am sure she is smiling down on you and your family.

Lydia